Sunday, September 13, 2009

Aaj jaane ki jid na karo…

Rain started splashing against the window pane suddenly. I was browsing lazily on a Sunday evening without any notion of going outside.
The sudden call of Lord Varuna forced to look across the window. I just opened the window and smelled the fragnance of soil that emancipates the atmosphere.

A sudden stoke of adrelanin in my brain and i found myself in the street with the wet kisses all over my body.

This stroll brought out the old charm of feeling the droplets, small shining droplets on all over the strands of my hair, on my arms, on the eyebrows and the wisp of cool air making me long for something warm, much warmer than the gelaming sodium vapour overhead.

A paradox, a pleasure. I was humming on some of the favourite tunes of Kishore Kumar, Sonu Nigam and few more and it was really a pleasant surprise that I could recollect most of the lyrics of those archived memories! The tunes seem to hit the perfect chords and suddenly singing was never seemed so wonderful – an unchained melody. My voice, the lyrics, the tip-tip decibels of rains, the whizzing sound of fast rolling tyres on the wet tarmak and intermittent honking of horns all seemed perfect.

As I strolled further with my singing hitting the higher decibels I noticed a few passer-by’s glancing on their way. I noticed the Shanti Sagras and Lados and FunNFoods ...these were inviting. Even more conspicuous was the steam emanating from the tea kettles at Shanti Sagar. . I ignored all of them, with some difficulty as I continued.

A 30 minutes stroll in the rain completely cleared the settled dust, the dust settled on my mind through out the day. I thought rains are so essential for farmers and as a nuisance to the urban daily commuters. However, the rain was just too strong to allow misconceptions rule my mind. Rains are equally essential for a parched urban soul as it is for a parched cultivable land. Perhaps the soul needs it more than anything else.

Aaj jaane ki jidd na karo… another humming that filled my mind as I walked on through the puddles, wet trousers, drops on my arms, face … aaj jaane ki jidd na karo…

9 comments:

gwl said...

So lovely...........
giftwithlove.com

ahmedabadonnet said...

so touching...

ahmedabadonnet.com

Unknown said...

ultimate….
picturebite.com

shirin goel said...

Awesome…
mumbaiflowerplaza.com

roses said...

Marvelous…..
rosesandgifts.com

Anonymous said...

Marvelous…..
bangalorewithlove.com

cfp123 said...

superb....
chennaiflowerplaza.com

Unknown said...

classic…
keralaflowerplaza.com

roses said...

ultimate….rosesandgifts.com

IndiBlogger - Network of Indian Bloggers
Best Indian Blogs